Thursday, February 2, 2017

Dileeland January 2017


I know some of you are thinking that you have the greatest husband in the world, but you've got it all wrong. Cause I do. 

The aftermath of Christmas, Nathan's Birthday, house sitting, company, New Years Eve, etc was not pretty. I was completely exhausted and seriously had no energy whatsoever and spent a day napping with the kids and doing absolutely nothing. Then Nathan, in typical fashion, says that he wants to go to Disneyland, and Cameron says, "Ok, let's go to Disneyland. Ask Mommy!" To which I initially was frustrated that he would let Nathan think we were going to Disneyland when we obviously were not. Then from the other room Cameron yells that he is booking a hotel across the street from Disneyland for the night. I couldn't believe it. I was like, "are you serious!?" To which he said yes, and that he would like to be on the road in the next hour! Woop woop! We packed the car and were on the road within 2 hours of Nathan's initial request that we "go to Dileeland." Because of our small family we don't often do things spur of the moment, so it was fun to just get up and go! Made me feel so wild! ;)

The best part was that Cameron's brother, Austin and his family were at Disneyland so we knew we would get to spend the day with them! 

First ride! Pirates of the Caribbean!! So excited!  



Nathan and Sadie-Just six months apart. Opposites in almost every way, but still so cute playing together.



I think Sadie was trying to give Nathan kisses....


Penny was such an absolute gem. So happy and content and cheerful. I loved her cute belle dress, which was a hand-me-down from Sadie.


While we were at Disneyland she learned to clap and cheer. It was the absolute cutest thing ever. If we would start cheering she would throw her hands in the air and say "yaaaaaaay" and clap her hands together.

We didn't get obsessed with it and make her do it 500 times or anything.

Definitely not.



Even though Gianna is 4 years older than Nathan she still plays really well with him, and humors all of his antics.






Once it got dark my kids both conked out and Cameron, Austin, and Gianna went on big kid rides while Jen and I did some shopping (super fun pushing a huge double Bob stroller through the stores at Disneyland, FYI.


Callie was at Disneyland with her boyfriend, Jason's family and they met up with us and did a few rides with us before we had to go home.



Autopia! Nathan was so stoked that he got to drive!


Gianna and Jen drove behind us:


It was such a fun day, as always, even though it was super crowded. I was grateful to have a fun family day together before Cameron starts his program and we have a lot less time together. But that is information for a different post altogether.

1 comment:

  1. Okay. Tell Cam to give Dallin some pointers. I keep wanting him to do something like this, maybe be a little like Jack on "This Is Us," but I always end up begging him to do it with me hahaha SO FUN!

    ReplyDelete