Tuesday, April 18, 2017

What's Up With the Jensens? March-April 2017


Sandy!


We made it to Oregon! 

We got here at the beginning of March and have kept ourselves busy! 

My sweet dad drove up with us so that I didn't have to stress about driving 13 + hours with the kiddos all by myself. Even though the trip ended up being MUCH more than google maps told me it was going to be (it said 13.5 hours, and it took us 11 hours on the first day and another 6 the next day-bleh) it ended up being a great trip! The kids were so incredibly good. I literally was just completely blown away at how happy and cheerful and good they were. I enjoyed listening to 70's music with my dad, and chatting with him, and playing car games.

After the first day we stopped in Medford, Oregon and stayed in a hotel with a pretty awesome (but cold) pool, and swam to our heart's content.



Day 2 we arrived in Sandy, which is just outside of Portland where Cameron goes to school. We were all so excited to see Cameron and to be together again.

We are living with my dad's sister, Debbie, and her husband Gary, and their son, Ross. We also got some more surprise roommates, my cousin, Brendan and his family moved in with Debbie and Gary at the same time the kids and I got here. They are moving back to the area and will be with Debbie and Gary until they find a house! It is a FULL house of 12! Never a dull moment, I tell ya, especially with 4 crazy boys, and one crazy baby girl!

Nathan loves having their son, Beckett (4) at the house with him during the day, and they have become like brothers (including all of the arguing and fighting! Haha)


One of the first weekends we were here we went on a "benture" (Cameron and I tell Nathan we are going on an adventure when we go on a family outing. It makes everything seem more fun-even going to the recycling center! Haha)

Cameron takes the local MAX train into Portland each day, so we did it too to see what daddy does each day when he leaves.

Both Nathan and Penny loved it, and ended up charming all who we came into contact with. Not many small people on the MAX!


We went into Portland and saw Cameron's school, went to Voodoo Doughnuts, got these amazing gyros at a little farmers market, got drenched in rain, and walked across the big bridge that crosses the Williamette river. It was such a fun day. I can't get enough of our bentures.

Nathan's favorite part of the day-donuts. Of course he didn't get anything special-just sprinkles like you can get anywhere, but he was excited. 

A couple of weeks later was my Aunt Debbie's spring break (she's a teacher), and she took us to the Portland Children's Museum. It was the MOST AMAZING children's museum I have ever been to. It was amazing and HUGE. We spent hours there. Here's Nathan in the theater part with the dog costume I had to close my eyes and put on him because all I could think of was how long it had been since it had been washed and how many other kids had worn it before him. #OCDMom

This makes me want to make him a dog for Halloween. He is SO CUUUTE. Although he will be almost 4 at Halloween and will probably be too cool for that by then ;)

He had such a blast. He even got to do facepaint-he painted his entire face blue so he could be Catboy from PJ Masks.

One day recently I got lost and ended up going to the Wal-Mart across the border in Washington instead of the one that is just once city over--oops. Oh well, we had a benture. And then in my confusion I buckled the kids into the wrong seats:


#winning

Some day she'll understand the crazy that is her mom
So, that's the basics. Things are going well. It has been an adjustment to be stuck inside so much because of the rain. I keep thinking that back at home by April it usually feels like summer is fast approaching, and here it still feels like winter. I try and send Nathan outside with every break in the rain, and the last couple of weeks there have been a lot more breaks in the rain than there were when we got here, thankfully. Debbie and Gary live on a GORGEOUS ranch-30 gorgeous tree-laden acres with a huge pond filled with geese. I am constantly amazed at how beautiful this place is when I look out the window or walk out the door.
I am also very grateful to have a house full of people so that I don't feel so lonely when Cameron is gone M-F 6 am-6:30 pm and most Saturdays at the library doing work. Debbie and Gary are some of the most generous lovely people on the planet, and I enjoy having Brendan and Jessica around-especially to hang out with in the evening with the hoodlums go to bed. We are currently obsessed with Dancing With the Stars, The Voice, and The Amazing Race. I am really taking advantage of this whole having TV thing. Do you guys know how awesome DVR is? #Iam500
Cameron is doing super well in school and is working really hard. I am so proud of him. He is so dedicated to learn and to get a good job and support our family. I am so greateful to be married to such a hard worker. He is 1/2 way through his classes, and will spend July and part of August doing his internship somewhere in Portland. Keep us in your prayers that when the time comes he will find a good job! Who wants to be our neighbors!? All you have to do is not live somewhere lame, and find Cameron a job! Haha.

Also, who wants to come and visit us in this wet, green, gorgeousness?

2 comments:

  1. You're a better mom than I! I would have tried to come up with a quick fib to convince them that the costumes were not allowed to be worn. *YUCK!* Dallin and Cam can be web developing buddies and we can finally be neighbors (Not in Oregon, please ;)) and life will be glorious! Glad you are enjoying your time and have some help while Cam is gone all day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could come visit! That's just what you need is more people in that house =) It would be so fun to see Debbie and Ross and the fam. I love the pic of the kids in the wrong car seats, I had a great laugh at that one. #can'twinthemall Miss you and hope things are great!

    ReplyDelete