Thursday, July 27, 2017

The bombs bursting in air!


4th of July in Oregon


You've done it again, Oregon. Making me fall deeper and deeper in love. 

I told Cameron and my Aunt Debbie that my favorite 4th of July I have ever spent was the 4th of July we spent at the Griffith family reunion in Oregon when I was a teenager. Cameron was a TEENY bit sad that my favorite 4th of July wasn't one that I spent with him....sorry husband. But, good news! This one is my new favorite 4th of July! Woop woop! 

We started off with a lazy morning. After attending the stake flag raising and getting my dose of patriotism in the morning we hung out around the house and relaxed. Cameron and Nathan went to the garden and worked with Debbie and Gary and I watched Downton Abbey with Penny and painted our toenails. It was my first time painting Penny's toes and it made all my mama dreams come true. (she hated it, but, whatev)



After nap time we went to Gary's son Jonathan's house. Cameron and I really enjoy spending time with him and his wife, Mandy, and their three cute girls.


Jonathan and Cameron played against Mandy and I in a beanbag game....is it Cornhole? I'm not sure, but it was fun. Mandy was super good (which I knew she would be because she is sporty) and guess what?! I didn't suck! Like, the guys only beat us by a couple points! Sometimes I surprise even myself.


We ate yummy BBQ, did sparklers and small fireworks, and enjoyed the gorgeous mild Oregon summer weather. It was perfect.





Why is it so hard to get a good picture of 4 people? Or 2 kids?



Oh well, I still love my beautiful family, even if we can't take a good picture to save our lives.



After the party at J and M's house I took Penny home and gave her a bath, nursed her, and put her to bed. Around 9 pm I met up with Cameron and Nathan who were with Debbie, Ross, and Brendan and Jessica's family at the church.
Our church building here in Sandy is right behind the old Sandy High School, where they set off a huge fireworks show. So, lucky for us, we got to just go to the church where there was plenty of parking, no crowds, no drunk people, and a comfortable and safe place to wait for the fireworks.



It was a perfect day all around. I am so grateful for this beautiful place I have to live, this land that I love, and wonderful family and friends to enjoy it with. God bless America!

1 comment:

  1. Looks awesome! And taking pictures of my family is hilarious and painful. I think I take 1,000 photos for every "good" photo I get. Yikes.

    ReplyDelete